Thursday, August 18, 2011

Holidays are not good when I am supposed to be writing every day! YIKES

Well. I knew when I went away for a few days to Kerry with the kids minus Hubster that I wouldn't get any writing done. But I was fairly confident that with the change of venue and fresh sea air I would have a few ideas floating about in my head. I wanted to do the 'must love guns' piece of flash fiction on CW's terrible minds - got absolutely no inspiration for that. I had wanted to do a bit of remodelling on the 2 previous pieces again nada and what about my WIP set in France? again nada. What happened was Jodi Picoult came to visit in the form of my sister lending me 'Plain Truth'. Wow it blew me away. Her writing is very good I mean we all know that. And she tackles big issues again no surprise there. However, the insider view of the Amish way of life and their way of thinking completly swallowed me up. The other parts of the story the paranormal and the courtroom drama all written excellently but for me it was all about the Amish Farm. Set in the summer how idyllic. What about when it is snowing outside and the cows still have to be milked? Well we don't have to worry because its set in the blistering dusty heat of the late summer.
I loved it. Must go back and re-read immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment